Join our mission as DCP's Chief Executive Officer
- Stakeholders that are committed to and unified by the mission of DCP and getting first generation students to college;
- A strong community of parents, students, alumni, and a focus on parent advocacy;
- Track record of getting first generation Latinx students to college with scholarship opportunities;
- A highly engaged and committed board which gives its time, talent, and treasure;
- A talented team of senior leaders;
- Support from the philanthropic community and donors;
- A commitment to continuing and internalizing the diversity, equity, and inclusion work that is underway across the organization.
- Revisit and update a multi-year strategic plan in concert with senior leadership and the board to:
- Achieve desired academic outcomes
- Foster an inclusive, cohesive, and collaborative organizational culture across the schools and central office
- Expand community/parent involvement and student enrollment
- Invest in the systems and structures necessary for the organization to thrive;
- Manage the relationship with the newly established teachers’ union;
- Establish relationships with donors and the board to drive additional philanthropic support;
- Ensure the right team is in place to carry out the short- and long-term priorities of the organization, with a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Review and update the organizational strategic plan in collaboration with the board, Senior Leadership Team, and other members of the DCP community;
- Champion the vision of DCP and lead the organization to fulfill its mission;
- Set organizational priorities and determine how the organization’s overall performance will be assessed;
- Ensure accountability across the organization by setting clear academic, operational, and financial goals.
- Develop, coach, and retain a high-performing leadership team and manage them towards ambitious goals;
- Foster an inclusive, collaborative, and accountable culture where everyone is focused on student success and growth;
- Oversee and provide leadership to the academic, operations, and finance teams;
- Preserve and promote the DCP mission while also codifying and communicating the core values (Desire, Community, and Pride) and philosophy.
- Work effectively with the union to ensure success for both teachers and students;
- Build a strong relationship with San Jose Unified School District and the Santa Clara Office of Education;
- Continue to develop an engaged, and active board in close partnership with the board chair;
- In collaboration with the board, ensure that DCP has a strong long-term financial plan and a diversified and sustainable funding base.
- At least ten years of professional experience, including successfully leading a school or education nonprofit to meet ambitious student achievement goals in the education sector;
- Experience successfully leading in a multicultural environment required; Spanish fluency a plus;
- Demonstrated commitment to, and accountability for, a rigorous academic environment;
- Experience setting vision and direction for an organization and defining strategies to operationalize a vision;
- A track record of coaching, motivating, and empowering others and investing stakeholders in a vision;
- Experience building, managing, developing, and supporting high-performing teams;
- Successful change management experience;
- Experience building and stewarding external partnerships and serving as the external face of an organization;
- Experience managing a budget required, fundraising/development experience a plus;
- Experience successfully working with boards highly preferred;
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, four-year university required, advanced degree or equivalent preferred.
- Culturally competent leader with the ability to build an inclusive workplace where diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization;
- Superior relationship management skills, and the ability to engage and inspire a variety of stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization;
- Strong people and team management skills;
- Ability to drive change management with people and create/codify systems to support change.
- Philosophical alignment with the mission and vision of DCP and an appreciation for DCP’s history and legacy;
- A deep-seated commitment to leading with integrity and transparency;
- Openness to innovation and ability to create the space for teams/individuals to take risks as well as focus on continuous improvement;
- Collaborative, inclusive, and accessible leadership style; track record of being a present and engaged leader;
- Evidence of well-developed emotional intelligence, growth mindset, humility, and receptiveness to feedback.
If you want to change lives of first-generation students and their families, this is a wonderful opportunity to have a great impact.
To apply, please email your resume to Jobs@k12searchgroup.com with a subject line of “Downtown College Prep CEO.”
Applications must be received by midnight on April 18, 2021.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.