Livestream the Board Meeting:
Scroll to the bottom and choose LIVE
Public comments will be conducted via Zoom and can be made at the time the agenda item is addressed at: https://tinyurl.com/sccboe102120 or dial 1.669.900.6833, ID: 986 9298 6718#
Simultaneous Spanish Translation:
Local 1 (669) 900-6833, Meeting ID: 727 334 810#
Para espanol llame al 1 (669) 900-6833 y despues el numero 727 334 810#
The Road to Public Comment
Información de comentarios públicos en español
Public Comment Instructions
- Determine which device will be used to connect (cell phone, laptop, or tablet).
- In order to join a Zoom, it is necessary to first download the Zoom app on your laptop, desktop, tablet, or mobile device. You may download Zoom from the Download Center, or at www.zoom.us.
- If you already have Zoom on your device, be sure it is the most current version, version 5.0+. You may update via Zoom’s Download Center.
Note: Make sure your browser is current, up-to-date: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers including Internet Explorer.
- For persons planning to provide public comment, it is important to test the audio prior to joining the Zoom. Testing audio can be done within the Zoom application.
- Visit http://zoom.us/test to test your microphone, speaker, video and audio. Click the "JOIN" button to launch at test meeting.
- Consider joining the Zoom 10-15 minutes prior to the meeting start time.
- Make sure the internet connection is stable to lessen the likelihood of lost connection during the meeting.
Remove Distractions: Comment in a space that does not have a lot of background noise or distraction as you speak.
- Persons providing public comment in Spanish must notify the moderator before beginning a comment.This allows the interpreter to join the meeting and the timer to be adjusted. Speakers must pause every 2-3 sentences to allow the interpreter to translate.
- Persons not providing comment may listen to the meeting in Spanish by dialing 1 (669) 900-6833, followed by entering the Meeting ID 727 334 810#. This is a listen-only opportunity; questions and/or comments will not be acknowledged during the meeting translation.
The Road to Public Comment_EN_SP_FINAL.pdf (684 KB)
- Members of the public wanting to voice a live public comment during the Santa Clara County Board of Education virtual Zoom meeting may do so through the Zoom webinar link, or by smartphone. The Zoom link and dial-in phone numbers are provided on the agenda, live stream, or on the County Board of Education webpage.
*Dial-in phone numbers will be visible and public. Blocked numbers will not be recognized for comment*.
- One public comment per person is allowed for each item. When the Board President calls for a specific agenda item on which a person wants to comment, the person must use the “Raise Hand” feature in Zoom, or *9 by phone, to indicate the wish to provide comment on the item.
- On each agenda item, only those hands raised between the Board President's call for comments and the moderator's confirmation of the number of speakers will be recognized. Hands raised after the Board President completes the call for public comment on a specific agenda item will not be heard.
- The moderator will activate and unmute speakers in turn. Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak. Persons who do not respond when prompted will forfeit their comment for that item.
- Speakers remarks are limited to the time allotted, as indicated by the Board President.
This event has a video call.
(US) +1 413-728-2996 PIN: 702353784#